Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recipe Card New

The definition of tradition is the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation. The presence of tradition in families is beautiful when noticed and in my family that is through cooking. Looking at the types of recipe cards that were in style at that time and how handwriting changes over generations. I am representing this through my Grandmother and Mother’s recipe cards along with my own blank card. Though the Nugget recipe stays intact changes do occur overtime and with each person. The blank card is symbolizing my lack of tradition when it comes to cooking and that I haven’t perfected my own way of making the Nuggets at this point in my life.


The class enjoyed this idea and that I was pursuing the idea of tradition and change within the recipe cards. A suggestion for the gallery was to set the recipe cards on a pedestal or have a recipe card holder hold of the recipes up on the pedestal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment