Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally the face! oh and hands



I have been looking forward to learning how to draw the face the entire semester. We started with the skulls last week and now we have moved on to the facial features. I was kinda disappointed that we had to rush learning about them, but I was excited to start drawing. Once I started mapping out each feature then it was clicking in my head what I need to do. I wasn't exactly sure where to start, so I started with the eyes then moved to the nose then to the ears after drawing the skull of course. I only had time to draw one face (Jessi's) and it turned out quite well for my first time drawing from the notes.


The next day we started on hands. I found out when starting the hands, that I was thinking about how the feet are drawn and how similar they really are. Jessi was my hand model for the day. I first drew her hand facing down and I found that it was easier to draw the hand that way than the second drawing when I drew it facing up. It resembled a claw almost in the drawing. In my spare time after the semester I would like to focus more on the face and hands just to enhance my drawing skills on those features.

Next week is our last week and we are doing one long pose.













0 comments:

Post a Comment