Wednesday, December 16, 2009

End of the semester summary

The semester is coming to an end but hopefully my progression in life drawing will continue. Life drawing has definitely changed my views on drawing, for people and surprisingly objects. I have learned how to draw the figure showing depth and space on the figure plus in the surrounding area. My line weights have improved since the beginning as well as my confidence in my marks. I have also learned to take my time on making the muscles for the manikin and looking from all the perspectives when placing and shaping the muscles.

My strengths at this point are showing depth and space in my shell drawings as well as ranging line weights. My manikins thighs have shaped into muscles that have taken time to create and put on. My weaknesses are making the figure to static when the model is actually slouching or bending. My ink shell drawing was very challenging and I second guessed myself while putting on the india ink. My line confidence is still boarding on strength and weakness, because I did improve but I would have liked to improve more.

I'm going to use the skills I have learned about the figure in my paintings of portraits and even some objects. I will use them in my classes and hopefully in the work I continue you to make after graduating in the spring.

These are my links for the drawings:

and manikins:

0 comments:

Post a Comment