Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last day of class


Today was the last day of class. We had the model and she sat in the same pose for the full 3 hours. Getting back into the swing of things was quite hard today. We haven't had a model for a few weeks and we haven't done full body drawings either. The past few weeks we have been focusing on the smaller features such as the feet, hands, and face. I like when the model has a straight back and isn't slouching, like she was in the chair today. Foreshortening is a hard aspect to grasp and I tend to not do it enough or over do it. Today I didn't do it enough and Amy came over and helped me with the torso and legs. That changed my whole look on where her legs and arms were positioned. Overall the semester was a great learning experience and will definitely help me in my portrait paintings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment